Our small, well-tended village graveyard is in the grounds of the Methodist Chapel. In April 2015 the Parish Council took out a 99-year lease on the graveyard and the land on which the War Memorial stands.
The graveyard is now run by the Parish Council as burial authority according to the powers conferred by the Local Authorities' Cemetery Order 1977.
The graveyard is normally reserved for residents of Weedon civil parish at the time of death, or children under 18 of a resident, or former residents who left the parish to go into care because of infirmity. Other persons with strong links to Weedon may be considered at the discretion of the parish council.
The graveyard accepts burials, ashes interments and memorial plaques (with no remains interred). Interments may be linked with a service in the Methodist Chapel, but this is not a requirement, and the fees listed do not include the use of the chapel for a service.
If you are interested in reserving a burial/ashes plot, are looking to arrange a burial, or seeking permission to erect a gravestone or place an ashes tablet, please contact the Parish Clerk (details here) for more information and the appropriate application form(s).
To see Fees and Regulations, please click here.
To see the Graveyard Register of Burials, please click here.
To see a diagram of the Old Graveyard 1871 to 1938 (with some later to be close to relatives), please click here.
To see a diagram of the New Graveyard 1939 onwards, please click here.